Monday 11 December 2017

need guidance creating nodejs apps in php/mysql framework with later on full step by step migration to nodejs in mind

I'm looking for the most efficient path to convert over time my own made php framework for nodejsCONTEXTI'm working on a project that requires real time functionalities for which node/socket.io appear to be the most efficient solution.CONSTRAINTSI've built my own php/mysql OOP framework to manage projects over the years with some very nice functionalities for web content managers and nice functionalities for me to radically simplify specific development (based on my own personal logic obv.) and manage all my projects in just one instance of my framework.There is no way I can rewrite all this for node just now.I have to keep taking advantages of my framework & back-office tools to work fast while developing my first node apps.after this new project is in production, i will start to rewrite for nodejs the functionalities server side & client side; one at a time (keeping my local dev environment & all my project in prod always in sync).QUESTIONHow do I start introducing nodejs to my framework ? so that-I won't spend too much time on it now (except for the node apps I need obviously)-I won't have too many headaches when I start replacing php and the old js to take advantage of node-php/mysql & js/mongodb should nicely cohabit on the servers until there is no more php in the frameworkmy framework logic - abstracted without all the details :http://ift.tt/2jx5uq3 follows is where i'm at, possible solution I've identified & am considering, but there may be other ways I'm not aware of yet ?Should I better be :for my first node apps : using a proxy like Nginx to have node & apache, mysql & mongodb side by side ? or is it worth investing the time now to have my php engine working with node, using modules for php, sql ? another path ?writing the node apps with mongodb as db server & when necessary exchange values from sql to the app using php ? or is it worth investing right now the time to move from mysql to mongodb the full framework rather than after one tool/functionality at a time ? another path ?convertingfrom top to bottom (ie starting by replacing the http request handler & have js passing the ball to php for the rest and so on, would I be able to do that ?)from bottom to top (ie the plugins, the backoffice tools, then templates, then rendering engine...) ?(don't tell me i have to do all at once please !)thanks a tun for sharing your knowledge, those first decisions are really critical and will affect so many hours of work.

Submitted December 11, 2017 at 04:17PM by mknsh

No comments:

Post a Comment