Sunday 24 December 2017

abjscdef - A Better JavaScript CD Encoder (FLAC) Concept

Hi gang! First time poster, long time lurker :)This Christmas (2017), I got super bored and figured it would be neat to re-engineer a classic audio ripping shell script (abcde) in Node. My Node-fu is relatively weak so I thought this would be a good exercise of long dormant muscles.I've noted that many open source projects come to life w/little in the way of external input, and since none of us are as smart as all of us, I thought it would be interesting to try and get feedback at each stage of the implementation process--concept, design, implementation, etcetera. I would then link git repo back to this (and w/luck, future) reddit posts as a way of community documentation.I thought I'd start by sharing the overall concept:http://ift.tt/2DJ9tEY since concepts can be super boring, there's also some initial code:http://ift.tt/2pqseKg do folks think? Any conceptual ideas/tips/tricks before I start getting into the hard stuff?

Submitted December 24, 2017 at 03:02PM by ConstVoidBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment