Friday 22 December 2017

How to run a Node app as a web server?

Really simple question -- if I want to run my domain on a Node backend, do I just nodemon app.js and have express listen to port 80?All my experience with Node has been on the dev side. I have no clue what the team that builds and deploys does to make it viable on the Internet. They probably don't nodemon, but I was considering doing Nodemon so I can just upload TypeScript files and build and not have to worry about re-deploying.Are there advantages to doing tsc to build and then node to run it, as opposed to running tsc in watch mode and nodemon to watch? I guess it's more efficient to not have to keep scanning for file changes, but how much does that matter? It sounds nice to be able to just throw up new TypeScript files with FTP and it just be done, instead of SSHing in to re-deploy.

Submitted December 22, 2017 at 11:22PM by throw_at_work_away

No comments:

Post a Comment