Saturday 23 December 2017

Any noob friendly tutorials on how using PSQL in a Node app from start to deployment?

I did a tutorial on Udemy about Node/PostgresQL which was not bad, but it didn't include a section on how to deploy your database to Heroku.I've been reading around the official docs, the node-postgres docs but it's incredibly confusing. Reddit search tells me that I should be using one of Bookshelf/Knex/Sequelize too (no idea what any of them do exactly tbh), which is now making my head spin more.All I want to do is crawl back to MongoDB! But I'm determined to learn PSQL because it's apparently a safer DB to use.So - can anyone please kindly point a noobie like myself to the correct resources to learn how to create and deploy a PSQL database for a Node app?

Submitted December 23, 2017 at 08:57AM by drhectapus

No comments:

Post a Comment