Wednesday 6 December 2017

Migrating server from PHP to node.js

Hello,I will be migrating my application's backend started ages ago from PHP(zend) to node.js. What would be the best approach to do it without completly freezing development or developing 2 branches at one time? I need to provide high uptime with frequent updates and I'd like to avoid both cases. For me best approach would be to somehow be able to start migrating endpoints one by one and adjusting frontend only for them (with eventual possibility to keep 2 servers temporarly at one time with part of requests being made to one and rest to the other, but this does not seem very... good practice?), while keeping yet untouched ones on PHP. I was thinking about microservices but I am not sure if this will be really best approach.Anyone with similar experience that can be shared? Thanks!

Submitted December 06, 2017 at 08:06AM by sniegoman

No comments:

Post a Comment