Wednesday 20 December 2017

Express Session Question

Hello,I am setting up auth using Express Passport and Express Sessions, my app currently runs React on the front end, and Express on a different port. I'm curious as to how exactly sessions are set (Question Below)Are they set on my 'server' aka the express port, and then pushed onto the req object? Or are they set on the 'client' aka wherever my front end is hosted up on. Eventually these will be on the same port, but in development they are not. I'm finding that my cookies are being set on my express port, but not on my react port. Is this normal behavior? If so could someone explain why? If I set it save uninitialized then it appears on both ports. I'm trying to wrap my head around why it would possibly even need to store the session on my express port.Cheers, Hyden

Submitted December 20, 2017 at 11:02AM by dhyd

No comments:

Post a Comment