Monday 13 November 2017

Electron User authentication

I am developing an app that so fat features a window with a login and signup form, rendered in an electron window. On submitting, all the user is gathered(email, password, name etc) How will someone try and authenticate this user? My main idea will be to have a server and a database. This server implements REST API. On submitting, the data will be sent to a route, via a POST request, for example http://localhost:8000/signup, and the server will comapre this data with the data base. My question is how can I validate this data? What is the best approach? Should I validate the data in the electron window, then send it to the server, or should I send the data directly, and let the server handle the validation. I want to do this the best possible way, and elegantly. Has anyone developed a user signup/ login form, and can give me some advice? Thank you.

Submitted November 13, 2017 at 09:38AM by justplayit94

No comments:

Post a Comment