Wednesday 29 November 2017

What is the best way to implement validation in Node.JS?

I am getting used to Node.js, but I still have a hard time understanding how I should perform validation in Node.jsFor model validation, using an ORM I think is usually a good idea. For instance, Sequelize let you define the models and apply validation on the model's fields directly in the model definition.But if I have to validate other parameters, for instance, I want to validate a certain query parameter that tells how to respond to the client when it requests data, what is the best way to do it? What is the "state of the art" of nodejs validation? What do people use?It is really confusing looking to packages because there are so many that it is really hard to choose or understand which ones are worthy and which ones are not.

Submitted November 29, 2017 at 02:31PM by honestserpent

No comments:

Post a Comment