Monday 20 November 2017

Architectural problems

Problem: I got a web portal where the end users are customers of my costumers. The web portal has a set of core functionality, but is still supposed to be tailored to the needs of multiple different customers.These customers are producers or retailers and have their own different products which their customers can interact with. What functionality that is connected to these individual products can vary from product to product, even though it's made by the same producer. The same goes for the required authorization level to access some of these functionalities.My question is how do you structure for such a high grade of variation? Should it be done at database level, backend or frontend?I'd prefer a method that isn't to complex, but still flexible. Atm I have done a lot of these adaptations on database level, each product knows what functionality is connected to it based on table data. And based on this different functionality is displayed in my React frontend, however I'm unsure if this is an unhealthy way to structure the project? Seems like all options got pros and cons.

Submitted November 20, 2017 at 02:06PM by Archheretic

No comments:

Post a Comment