Sunday 18 December 2016

Can't run node in Bash on Windows 10

I can't seem to figure out why node isn't working. Whenever I use the node command in bash on my windows 10 computer this message pops up.Command 'node' is available in '/usr/sbin/node' The command could not be located because '/usr/sbin' is not included in the PATH environment variable. This is most likely caused by the lack of administrative privileges associated with your user account. node: command not foundI have tried adding these to my PATH environment variable but it still doesn't work. I have also tried putting sudo in front of the command. I am new to Bash and this is my first reddit post so I am not sure if there is something really obvious that I am missing. Thanks for the help!I have also just figured out that the command works in the windows default command prompt and in the prompt it says that the environment has been setup for using Node.

Submitted December 18, 2016 at 09:22PM by Jynx03

1 comment:

  1. I am having the exact same issue. Rooting for an answer, but nothing yet.

    ReplyDelete