Monday 26 December 2016

Need help with making completely bare gcm app

Thanks in advance. I'm extremely new to this, I've done a heap of reading but still quite unsure on some things.I'm trying to set up a really basic gcm app. This is exactly what I'm trying to do:Start up a nodejs server that will send the messages. The app will have absolutely no ui, it will just be checking for a file and when a file appears send the contents in a push message to my mobile phone (I think through the chrome app on my phone?). I only want to send this to my mobile phone, so the registrationIds etc I want to just be hardcoded into the app. This is what I'm getting stuck on, all the tutorials I've found create a app with express, have a mongodb and generally a lot more to it than I want to have. Is it possible to make a registrationid/deviceid/whatever else and hard code it in my server without having my phone connect to the server and submit some registration form? Or what would be the best way to achieve what I'm trying to do? Thank you.

Submitted December 26, 2016 at 10:31PM by weiry6922

No comments:

Post a Comment