Monday 21 November 2016

Batch processing on Node

Hi Everyone,I have some periodic batch jobs that I need to run. For example, I have one job that needs to run every 1 minute (dont worry it doesnt do a whole lot).So I chose Agenda (http://ift.tt/1aPPiyo) as my batch job framework. When testing in the DEV system, I noticed that batch jobs dont always run when they are supposed to. For example, if the system is quiet (I am the only developer) the batch jobs run regularly and on time. However, If I am testing or coding I notice that the 1 minute batch job does not run on time at all. In fact, sometimes it just seems to randomly stop running for 20 minutes or so.So the question is: 1. Is this normal behavior? 2. Should I setup a AWS SQS server and have it trigger my batch jobs? 3. Perhaps this is some sort of configuration issue?Let me know your thoughts.

Submitted November 21, 2016 at 11:50AM by OzzieInTx

No comments:

Post a Comment