Monday 21 November 2016

[HELP] saving global variables through crashes

I've written a GroupMe bot that is designed to count down towards goals. The bot reads the chat and looks for specific strings in the text. If the server stays up, it works well. Once the server goes down - everything starts over.I eventually want to expand this to support teams in a GroupMe room, but need help with saving global variables. I'm using Heroku to host the bot.js and it seems that there's regular crashes that eliminate my global variables.Just looking for ideas to explore - what would you look into?In the most advanced planned function, I would be tracking sales of productA and productB at team level (10 teams) against goals for each product. This means I might have 40 global variables counted as integers.

Submitted November 22, 2016 at 05:41AM by Kheiner

No comments:

Post a Comment