Thursday 24 November 2016

Moving from a monolith (django) to express, what do I need to know?

have a new project I'm working on and I'm expecting the project to be a decent size in both functionality and user size.Most of the design is going to revolve around creating the backend as an API, and calling it from a JS front end. It should perform lots of CRUD operations, some streaming, and live messaging.I've used Django & DRF plenty, and I've also used flask, and express a little bit. I'm considering going with a smaller framework like flask/falcon/express (maybe Go) to develop the API, but I've never made anything of significant size in any of them.The prime benefits (in my eyes) being performance, isomorphic JS (for node obv) and overall simplicity/maintenance.So I'm wondering if anyone can comment on the difference in time and difficulty of implementation using a non-monolith framework??I'm open to the microservices approach of building things. Please feel free to suggest tools/packages!TL;DR: I want to know how different/difficult it would be to implement a medium to large scale site from scratch in a smaller microframework vs a monolith. Implementation time being the biggest wonde

Submitted November 24, 2016 at 08:47AM by satchelf

No comments:

Post a Comment