Tuesday 9 February 2016

Start javascript-server on boot

Hey RedditorsI've created a simple application with node and Angular that I would like to launch on the boot of my Raspberry PI (running Raspbian). I've created a service that launches on startup. I know the service up and running because I can see it is launched successfully and still running. However, the server is not.When I launch the server manually withforever server.js it runs like a charm.Here is a piece of the service that I wrote to start the server.[Service] User=pi WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/Documents/ACA/buildwall/buildwall/server/ ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/forever start /home/pi/Documents/ACA/buildwall/buildwall/server/server.js I have no idea what's going on to be honest, however I don't think the script is the problem. The script seems alright because I kind of copied it from someone else's script that does work. I think I need a better understanding of how node works and why this does not work the way it should.

Submitted February 09, 2016 at 08:25AM by Liradon

No comments:

Post a Comment