Wednesday 10 February 2016

Node Cluster vs. Nginx

Hey, I'm relative new in node just a couple of months working with it. But i'm planning to go live with one of my node apps (loopback as API and express for delivery of an angular frontend). My first intention was to use pm2 and its convienient cluster mode for my prod system. But after reading a couple of blogs and articels on going live with node, the general tenor was using nginx for delivering the 'static' frontend and HAproxy with forks of node instead of cluster mode.The arguments were pretty convincing but they where all referring to node versions ranging between 0.8.x - 0.12.x. Pointing out the lack of sendfile implementation as argument against delivering static files with node or lack of strategies for load balancing for using HAProxy.Now we have node 5.x and as far as I can tell these issues are fixed now. But I read recently here on this sub, advices like 'don't let node run on port 80'....So what's about it? Do these arguments still hold true? What would you recommend now, with node 5.x?

Submitted February 10, 2016 at 07:46PM by atx6sic6

No comments:

Post a Comment