Monday 29 June 2020

Papyr CMS - a jumping off point so you don't have to reinvent the wheel

Hello r/node,I have been working for a while on a project I have named Papyr CMS. Papyr is a content management system built on Next.js, making it an incredibly powerful web application for the end user and a easy to extend for the developer.Besides everything that comes packaged with Next.js, key features that come out of the box include:A quick initialization process once the site is running to create the admin user and first pageCustomizable contentA dynamic, extendable page builder and renderer for custom landing pagesA selection of commonly used page sections for the page builderUser authenticationSite notificationsBlogEventsEcommerceGoogle maps, Google analytics, Gmail, Stripe, and Cloudinary integration,Contact and donation formsWhile I did not hit everything in that list, many of those features are common and necessary for most web applications and websites, making Papyr a perfect jumping-off point to build an even more robust web application, or to simply spin up a quick website.You can visit the home website at https://papyrcms.herokuapp.com. Since great content is not necessarily my specialty, I have also created an example website with dummy content to show off more of what Papyr is capable of at https://drkgrntt.herouapp.com. Check out the code at https://github.com/drkgrntt/papyr-cms.While Papyr is designed to be super easy for developers to spin up a site and extend it easily, I have also tried to keep the non-developer client in mind as I build it. I have tried to keep it as simple as I can, but there is still the major issue of the setup process being non-dev-unfriendly (connecting to MongoDB and Heroku, etc). It is far from complete, but at this point, I feel like it is presentable and definitely usable.While I am mostly looking for feedback right now, if you think this is cool or useful, please feel free to clone and use it. Setup instructions are in the readme. I would love to answer any questions as well!Thanks for reading!

Submitted June 29, 2020 at 01:24PM by drkgrntt

No comments:

Post a Comment