Saturday 27 June 2020

Mongoose - Automatically add an object to array

Hi there folks,I have this code:newproject.findOneAndUpdate({ projectname: item }, {responsetime: [{timestamp: secondsSinceEpoch, pingtime: res.ping_time}]}).then(function() {console.log("Should have updated with timestamp and ping time!");});But the problem is that this overwrites responsetime and pingtime in the database. Any way I can make a new object instead of overwriting?My schema looks like this:var schema2 = new mongoose.Schema({email: "string",name: "string",projectname: "string",dashID: "string",pingStatus: "string",responsetime: [{timestamp: String, pingtime: String}],glitch: "boolean"})But I don't want to have to add a new object to the schema. I want this to be done automatically. (Should be [{timestamp: String, pingtime: String}, {timestamp: String, pingtime: String}] etc.) Any ideas on how to do this? Can you put me in the right direction (e.g. specific parts of docs about this)Thanks,Eddie

Submitted June 27, 2020 at 03:10PM by EddiesTech

No comments:

Post a Comment