Friday 24 January 2020

Server won't start when trying to use socket.io-emitter

I'm trying to emit a message to one of my sockets from a non socket process... Basically I have the sockets which have a bunch of rooms and users, and I want to make an API GET call to express and from within that GET call emit a message to the sockets, and according to socket.io's docs you can use socket.io-emitter to emit messages from a non socket process.. So I installed it and when I try to require it and start the server (even when I only require without actually trying to use it) the server just won't start, it give a long error message...I'm erring on mobile so in an hour or so I'll add my code and the error message, but if anyone has a good tutorial or an example project on github (not the official ones) then I'd love to have a link to that, thanks :)

Submitted January 24, 2020 at 07:21AM by s_trader

No comments:

Post a Comment