Monday 27 January 2020

The way I like to setup my Node backend projects; w/Express, Objection.js + MySQL + Knex.js. Would like some feedback+ideas!

https://github.com/HappyZombies/express-backend-starterFirstly I'd want to thank you guys, I've been developing in Node for nearly 4 years now, I graduated from college last year and got a solid job as a Node backend developer. I asked a lot of dumb questions and have learned A LOT these past years and I have so much more to learn, so this sub holds a special place in my heart, thanks guys!Anyhow, onto the project...So there are many ways to structure a node project, but I think that the three layer architecture is the way to go. With a Routes, Services and Data layer model, you can seperate everything out and keep it all "contained". After many trails and errors I think that this architecture has always fit all of my use cases whenever I am developing any kind of express server.I'd like to share this project on how I like to structure my node backend projects for the purpose of further improving it. I hope that people follow and give constructive feedback on this project. Everyone has opinions on Node and it be great if everyone shared their ideas/what they think.Of course the architecture depends on what the node app is trying to do. But I think that if someone is using Express, Objection + some relational database; this is a good place to get started as it provides a solid building block to add whatever you want/need for your needs.Thanks again!

Submitted January 28, 2020 at 02:58AM by HappyZombies

No comments:

Post a Comment