Tuesday 28 January 2020

Creating a Node API and making money from it?

Hey r/node,I wanted to share a few thoughts I had about APIs and wanted to see if anyone resonates.As a developer, there are often only a few ways to make money:Build a full-fledged frontend + payment + authentication system to sell access to softwareSelling the intellectual propertyFreelancing / working for a companyIt got me thinking... there's actually a huge barrier before you can actually start earning from an API you've built. For us API developers, there should be an easy way to monetise our code without burdening ourselves with dealing with frontend + payment + authentication.To solve this, I'm building a platform that allows you to plug and play authentication, moderation, logging, etc. for your API whilst handling payments. Think of it like Airbnb but for your developer API.I would love to hear your thoughts / feedback having built APIs using Node in the past.Also, what's motivated you along the way if it wasn't for a commercial purpose.If you want to checkout what I'm building: https://www.codugh.com/Cheers!

Submitted January 28, 2020 at 08:38AM by tramador7

No comments:

Post a Comment