Friday 24 January 2020

How to retrieve data from newsAPI and display on React

So I’m trying to retrieve data from a news API (BING for now) via Express through get (route) and then display it on my React front end. I know it seems really uncomplicated and it probably is but my code is a complete mess. I have very little knowledge on React/express and this is part of an assignment I’m doing. Not only do I have an issue w the routing and retrieval of data. I also have an issue with my front end components.I have used several similar projects on the internet as a reference but their projects are either overly complicated/they use a third party application like pusher. Is there any simple non complex way of doing this? I’ll post my codes in code sandbox in a moment.PLEASE HELP. DEADLINE. Possibly explain my mistakes like I am a second grader.REACT CODE: https://codesandbox.io/embed/floral-sea-k1tr3?fontsize=14&hidenavigation=1&theme=darkSERVER ROUTES: https://codesandbox.io/embed/musing-surf-o3ee2?fontsize=14&hidenavigation=1&theme=dark

Submitted January 24, 2020 at 08:08AM by pappermanfan

No comments:

Post a Comment