Wednesday 29 January 2020

Created a new chat app for the terminal ! Please tell me what you think

Hi everyone,So I created an NPM package called lmfao that you can install to chat with your friends through the terminal and give the appearance that you're working. I thought developers would especially like it to chat with their colleagues and pretend like they're coding so I wanted to know what you guys thought and whether I should keep working on it or not: https://www.npmjs.com/package/lmfaoPlease try it and tell me what you think! You can join public channels or create public channels to speak on, you can create password protected channels to speak with your friends only, and all these channels can hold 1,000 concurrent connections each. The only thing is that right now you basically have to create two terminal windows and login from both or split the terminal in half, and log in from both halves, so that you can message from one half and see all incoming inputs from the other. I discovered a new library based on runescript and C++ that would actually allow me to redesign the terminal so that the users would be able to message and see incoming messages from the same terminal window (like a "real" chat app) but at this point I don't know if it's worth putting the extra work being that I want to tackle other new projects.Please let me know what you think in general. About the concept, design, if you guys are interested. Would love to hear some feedback.CandideOrFuckingOptimism

Submitted January 29, 2020 at 06:48PM by candideoroptimism

No comments:

Post a Comment