Thursday 21 November 2019

I was looking for a Node.js job position and I was surprised to find out in interviews that Node.js is not used at it's full potential

Hello Internet,So recently I started looking for a new job as a full stack developer with Node.js on backend. I went to 7 interviews so far and every company was using Node.js just as a middleware for they microservice architecture (the other services were built using mostly Java and PHP).Honestly, I was expecting them to use Node.js to build bigger apps, like those apps from their microservice architecture.Why isn't Node.js used at this scale and why it's used as a glue technology?Of course, there may be companies that use Node.js for big apps but 7 out of 7 companies i was interviwed for used Node.js jusy as a glue piece.Is it because the frameworks available don't provide enterprise level features out of the box?

Submitted November 21, 2019 at 02:11PM by IonelLupu

No comments:

Post a Comment