Saturday 24 August 2019

User Login System in Electron App (Using database)

I posted this in the electronjs subreddit but since there aren't many active users there and I found out people are posting here too about their Electron Apps, I decided why not? I'm absolutely sorry if there is already an answer somewhere for this, I couldn't fine one, so I decided to post a thread myself.​It has been probably a month since I found Electron. I'm really familiar with stuff like HTML, CSS and JavaScript and always wanted to make desktop applications with those programming languages. It's basically a dream come true for me. I have made pretty simple apps so far and I want to go further. I was never good with server-side languages and databases. That 'never good' becomes even worse with Electron. I want to create a form where users can log into their accounts and explore the app like any other website. I am more familiar with mySQL but I still have no clue how to do this inside my Electron App. Is there any guide somewhere?Normally, on a regular website, the package.json file would include this:"start":"node ./server"But on Electron App, it has to be like this (from what I have learnt):"start": "electron ."So... how do I do this? Do I have to include "start": "node ./server" in my app or I'm fine with "start": "electron ."?I'd be extremely grateful for any kind of answer, as long as it expands my knowledge on this.Thank you!

Submitted August 24, 2019 at 02:36PM by Plam3n04

No comments:

Post a Comment