Saturday 31 August 2019

Let's say I have 1 million promises in my node program that will never return, how does nodejs tell the kernel to handle these asynchronous functions?

I understand that the main event loop is a single thread and that the functions can execute asynchronously. I also heard that the async functions aren't multithreaded but instead scheduled by the Kernel..somehow that i can't really grasp.So I was thinking, if I have a promise that just does an infinite loop before returning a promise (so it never returns the promise and keeps on running), and I have 1 millions of those, how does the kernel and nodejs handle those functions? Will it still execute asyncronously? Will the functions, which are each processes have to share each core?

Submitted August 31, 2019 at 07:36AM by sterling729

No comments:

Post a Comment