Saturday 24 August 2019

How to stop someone scrapping my database using my api?

Hello, I come from a MVC .net background using Entity Framework where in my newbie opinion the backend feels much more hidden.I have a MEVN stack which is a public portal to search through a database of around 1000 contact records. The portal contacts my node API and returns paged results once 3 characters have been entered in the search-box. The site requires no authentication. If anyone where to investigate the network traffic in dev tools they can clearly see the how the API works. Appreciate its a public database, but I don't really want people scrapping my entire database.Is there any way I can prevent someone using my own API to scrap my entire database? Maybe Ip address throttling? Maybe encrypting the data being send to my API?

Submitted August 24, 2019 at 12:49PM by Starchand

No comments:

Post a Comment