Wednesday 24 April 2019

How to connect Elasticsearch to my MySQL DB to make a search engine ?

I have a bioinformatics DB in which I have table of different molecule compounds (over 10,000 entries). I want to create a search bar where as I type in the name of the molecule, it comes up with results of cell_plates where these molecule compounds are stored (and this information is stored in different columns alongside molecule name in the same table).I was reading a lot of resources online, but couldnt find one on how to basically send my data from MySQL DB to Elasticsearch.Alternatively, could I just send a search query parameter to my SQL query that accomplishes the same task Elasticsearch would do, or is that an inefficient way to go about this?

Submitted April 24, 2019 at 09:25PM by yungspartan0082

No comments:

Post a Comment