Saturday 27 April 2019

Looking for smaller testing utilities

I am using tools such as Nyc, Mocha and Jest to do Node.js testing.The number of dependencies these tools install completely eclipse my regular non-dev tools.mocha's dependency tree has 115 nodesnyc's dependency tree has 170 nodesjest's dependency tree has 485 nodesThis seems to all be growing as these projects evolve.Generally when I add dependencies to my own projects, I try to find utilities that are low in complexity. I am usually willing to trade off a few features to reduce the total amount of code in my projects.This is not always possible though, but I thought I would give it a shot. Is anyone aware of 'good enough', simpler versions of testing utilities?

Submitted April 27, 2019 at 08:40PM by evertrooftop

No comments:

Post a Comment