Thursday 21 March 2019

[Help - Beginner] Integrating Node into static webpage

Hey all,I created a static web page that is hosted on github pages and I'd like to add a functional form element (along the lines of a "contact me for more info" section). I understand the basics of using Node (express, mongoose, etc.) and connecting to Mongodb. All is good in so far as I've created a Node.js app that performs the simple functions I want (posting data to the database), I just have no idea how to get that code running on my static page. All the tutorials I come across regarding building a form submission element entail building the app from scratch and just running the project locally, which doesn't really do me any good. I feel like I am missing a large step in how to actually use that in practice and deploy it on a page.I'm a front end guy, so I really don't know how to integrate back-end tech into a page.Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful. I don't really want to just install a package that accomplishes this or use Wordpress because I really want to understand what is actually going on so I can build and understand them better in the future.

Submitted March 21, 2019 at 04:08PM by Outrunx

No comments:

Post a Comment