Sunday 23 September 2018

Authenticating my app with another service using OAuth 2

Looking for some help to point me in the right direction, I've searched for tutorials/guides on this but it all seems to be about creating the authentication on my side rather than authenticating my app with another API service.Scenario: I'm creating a SlackBot to hook up with another API service. This service uses OAuth 2.0 to authenticate. I need to make REST API requests from my Node.js app to the API service, authenticate with an OAuth token, retrieve the data, manipulate it and then send it to the SlackBot to post in a channel.I'm fine with working with the API and getting data into Slack, I'm looking for assistance with how to properly get and store OAuth tokens inside my app for use. Does anyone know of any guides on this topic?

Submitted September 24, 2018 at 06:17AM by vanweapon

No comments:

Post a Comment