Tuesday 25 September 2018

having trouble using MSSQL with node and express

I am coming from a "mongo/mongoose .then .catch" background. Now I need to learn mssql with node/express. Surprisingly, I am having trouble finding documentation on how to GET/POST/PUT/DELETE using mssql commands (instead of mongo/mongoose).Quite a few tutorials out there show "proof of concept", as far as how to set up node/express, a sql db on azure, and return a random table from the classic adventureworks db , in console.log upon successful db connection. I get that.​But I'm having trouble finding out how to configure my API to send GET/POST/PUT/DELETE commands to my sql server using express routing like server.get, router.post, etc.I know I must have the wrong approach because of my lack of search results. Can anyone point me in the right direction?​Thanks!

Submitted September 25, 2018 at 11:04PM by BeerInTheRear

No comments:

Post a Comment