Thursday 27 September 2018

[Help] Making a script that downloads a file in chunks

Hi All!​I was wondering if any of you had a better idea on how to proceed with making multiple axios calls to download all chunks of a file, this is what I have so far.​​const file = require('file-system'); const fs = require('fs'); const axios = require('axios'); const file_url = 'https://ift.tt/1srKqxy' axios.get( file_url, { // params: { // ID: 12345 // }, headers: { Range: 'bytes=0-1' } }) .then((response) => { console.log('server status: ', response.status); console.log('server response: ', response.headers); fs.mkdir('downloads/', function(err) {}); fs.writeFile('downloads/example.zip', 'aaa', function(err) {}) // FileDownload(response.data); // console.log(response); // console.log(response.data); }) .catch(function (error) { console.log(error); }); My issue is:​I need to make multiple axios requests, but not entirely sure how to make enough requests to download the entire file in chunks.I don't exactly understand how header-range works. Whenever I adjust it to '0-1', it still downloads all 3 bytes of the file, which is the size of the entire file.once I download the entire file in chunks do I need to do it with async await so I can stitch it back together or will it save the chunks on my drive and ill have to run it through my script to stitch it together?​​all help is appreciated. thank you!

Submitted September 27, 2018 at 02:54PM by ohmynano

No comments:

Post a Comment