Friday 18 May 2018

Help! Started learning node + express and not sure what the next steps are!

Hey all,Im a junior developer and I've stared learning the MERN stack(MongoDB, Express, React and Node). I have 2 months to learn this stack to the point where I know what im doing and can build with it at a basic level.When I say I have 2 months to learn this, I mean I can dedicate everyday to this full time without anything else getting in the way.The problem I'm having is finding a solid learning path and when to move from one framework to the next??I've worked my way through a few node + express tutorial builds, teamtreehouse courses and reading about MERN and its going quite well, but how do i know when I've learned enough to add in react and mongo?What do i need to know about node and express to get a basic app for learning started? Is it just a case of being able to set up a server, add routing, hook in a DB and add some other things for a basic app?Would it be a good idea to just keep reading and building by following tutorials until I feel comfortable then try and set this up on my own?What is everything a basic app would need with node + express, that a beginner to the stack should be learning?Sorry about all the questions, this has just been stressing me out because i just want to be able to build beautiful kick-ass apps already and im feeling lost going from one place of learning to the next.All help and suggestions are totally appreciated!Thank you in advance!

Submitted May 18, 2018 at 07:31PM by thenewdev1

No comments:

Post a Comment