Monday 28 May 2018

What makes programmer "senior programmer"?

I am working as full-stack developer since 2014 in small software house (3 programmers in the team, I have the biggest experience - almost 5 years, including my previous job). However, I am not satisfied with current projects, so I started to think about move to another company. I just need to change my work environment. Though I am working in NodeJS (Meteor mostly, but we have done some microservices in pure Node) and PHP (shitty WordPress or - rarely - Laravel), I am curious if I deserve for senior developer position. What makes programmer "senior programmer"? Is it only experience, soft skills, ability to understand client and his needs? What knowledge I need to have to be considered as "senior" (specially in Node)?

Submitted May 28, 2018 at 06:09PM by tomciozdwola

No comments:

Post a Comment