Wednesday 7 February 2018

Install everything to a specific location. Any issues?

This is Windows 10 btw.I've been reading around this subject for a bit and I'm still confused. Some people say it's a nightmare others recommend it.What I want is to install everything Node and NPM in a specific directory. All the stuff that usually goes in program files, all the stuff that goes in appdata, user profile, everything. I'm excluding the stuff that's installed in project directories naturally.I'd have a top level Node directory and then sub directories for each facet of Node/NPM that usually resides in a specific area.Can anyone advise? Any little tips for configuring paths and locations? Big warnings not to do it or encouragement to go for it?The reason for this is manyfold. I'm a bit weird and hate having applications spatter crap everywhere, regardless of the logic behind it. I always forget where everything is, I have my PC set up with various disks for specific things. Mostly it's because I'm a terrible control freak.

Submitted February 07, 2018 at 01:52PM by serentilla

No comments:

Post a Comment