Thursday 8 February 2018

Do I Need to Queue Jobs (Like Emails) in Node?

In Ruby on Rails (the web framework I'm most familiar with) the concept of Active Jobs has been baked into the framework for a few years now. If you're sending an email or doing some processing for a new user, you can queue up a Job and take care of the request in the background instead of blocking while we wait.But node and all its modules are asynchronous by default, right? So, if I need to send a user an email, can I just queue up an email and then send the appropriate response without waiting for the email results to come through?I'm seeing that node has similar packages, like kue -- are production apps using something like this for emails and other asynchronous jobs? Or is this only necessary to offload resources in larger high-request applications?

Submitted February 08, 2018 at 08:48PM by aust1nz

No comments:

Post a Comment