Monday 19 February 2018

Client side Node.js app to download videos from Amazon S3.

Hi there,I'm working on a project that requires me to download a list of videos onto a digital signage client ranging from 5-100mb. Currently I'm working with async promises but my current code has some issues where downloads will timeout silently, presumably because of a slow internet connection trying to download too many large files simultaneously.I'm not looking for code review, more so a high level approach to take.The app should:Be able to download a large list of files from Amazon S3. Signed URL's are already provided.Be able to work with less than ideal client internet connections, within reason of course.Be able to handle errors. This is important as I'm currently having a bit of hell triggering these timeout errors. (which, upon some research, appears to be a node bug)Let me know what you think. If you think there's a more appropriate approach, other than node, I'd also be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Submitted February 19, 2018 at 05:30PM by potato_waave

No comments:

Post a Comment