Thursday 8 February 2018

Choosing "serious" back-end technologies.

(This is for full-stack) Hello,I have been learning front end for the last few months, I want to start with back end now. Because I know JS, should my first choice be node possibly with express?For the databases, which one should I even pick? I read up on mongo, postgres and mysql and:Mongo - "It's bad, noSQL, don't use it, it's not for serious projects."mySQL - "Great too." (Google-ing "mySQL with node" gives MORE relevant links than googling "Postgress with node", the github of the mysql with node-thing has double the watch and stars of the postgress one but the last commit is in November 2017 AND writing mysql on Indeed(dotcom) shows 13k jobs)Postgresql- "Great, learn it." ( I checked if I can use it with node and it can but maybe in a "scuffed" way, like a band-aid? Google-ing node with postgress gives 2 relevant links and MANY irrelevant links, from years ago, a red flag. The github of it has 160 watch, 6k stars, last commit 29 days ago. Writing postgresql on Indeed(dotcom) shows 4k jobs)The questions are mainly pointed towards jobs.Questions:Because I know JS, should I just go with node? Are there a good amount of jobs using node?Which database? Can that DB you chose be used with node(and possibly express)?For mySQL, what language do you even use for it? I'm checking courses on mySQL and top ones are: SQL, PHP (And I think i saw Python).Thank you for your time.

Submitted February 08, 2018 at 02:38PM by khazha88

No comments:

Post a Comment