Monday 12 February 2018

Are there any worthwhile node certifications out there?

I go on a bit, tldr at the bottom.I'm planning on finding a new job this summer after being a .net developer for about 3 years.I found the "NCD" but looking at the github page they're a few months behind on their plan of public release in March and I'm planning on applying when my apprenticeship comes to an end in summer. I've done a couple of training courses on udemy and started building side projects that I never bothered to follow through on. I was fairly confident in my ability until I saw the topics the exam covers on the github page. It's possible I've covered some of these topics without knowing it but I don't have a clue what things like "Child Processes (Basics, no IPC/fork)" are.Is there a node exam out there and training course to go along with it that I could use to gauge my ability (or lack of...)?tl;dr I found the "Node Certified Developer" exam offered by the node foundation but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do it any time soon. Is there another exam/course to follow to gauge my ability and demonstrate it to a potential employer?

Submitted February 12, 2018 at 06:37PM by tomzus

No comments:

Post a Comment