Saturday 14 October 2017

Is there a node equivalent of Ruby's pry?

I'm a Ruby on Rails developer.When things don't work in RoR I can just toss debugger into my code, or fail, and I get access to excellent data including error logs, stack traces, and a repl that drops me right into the server where I can start experimenting with what's currently in scope (like function parameters).Meanwhile AFAIK node has nothing. I mean, I installed morgan and morgan-response (logs response and request bodies, useful for restful api development), but that's not a repl.Please correct me?Edit: I think I phrased my question wrong; I know there is a repl for nodejs. What I'm asking is if there is any software that lets the developer "pause" the server (be it express or something else) and jump into a "live" repl?

Submitted October 14, 2017 at 08:59AM by frompadgwithH8

No comments:

Post a Comment