Tuesday 31 October 2017

Newbie (to JS) developer questions: (1) Libraries over bulit-in methods and (2) ES6 features/syntax in public npm packages?

I'm developing a node package, a port of a Ruby* gem I've used and as I write it I find myself using many lodash methods: _.fromPairs, _.map, _.filter, _.toLower, _.includes, _.forEachI know most of these are already built-in into Javascript's "modern implementations" (I'm not even sure what being on MDN actually entails):Array.prototype.map()Array.prototype.filter()Map.prototype.forEach()String.prototype.includes()String.prototype.toLowerCase()(1) Why should I use or stop using lodash versions?The gem is originally a python library and it's been ported to Ruby and PHP to my knowledge. It's purpose is to detect gibberish: http://ift.tt/2zmhLnl Should I be concern about using ES6 features for a public npm package? Arrow functions, imports, spread operator: .... Do I need to run it through babel first?Thanks in advance for your help!

Submitted October 31, 2017 at 06:44PM by leonelgalan

No comments:

Post a Comment