Thursday 26 October 2017

What to do when installing a package through npm fails with these kinds of errors?

32 bit windows here. I didn't experience this on 64 bit, not saying that's what the problem is.PS C:\Users\me\my-purescript> npm install -g purescript C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\purs -> C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\purescript\bin\purs.js > purescript@0.11.6 postinstall C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\purescript > node lib/install.js internal/child_process.js:328 throw errnoException(err, 'spawn'); ^ Error: spawn UNKNOWN at exports._errnoException (util.js:1020:11) at ChildProcess.spawn (internal/child_process.js:328:11) at exports.spawn (child_process.js:369:9) at C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\purescript\node_modules\bin-check\index.js:22:12 at C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\purescript\node_modules\executable\index.js:27:4 at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:123:15) npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE npm ERR! errno 1 npm ERR! purescript@0.11.6 postinstall: `node lib/install.js` npm ERR! Exit status 1 npm ERR! npm ERR! Failed at the purescript@0.11.6 postinstall script. npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above. npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: npm ERR! C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2017-10-26T17_36_46_284Z-debug.log

Submitted October 26, 2017 at 06:42PM by ForrestTrump

No comments:

Post a Comment