Thursday 12 October 2017

Is node enterprise ready?

I've been toying for a while with the idea of starting learning node.JS more deeply than the tutorial-level knowledge that i have. My work experience is maily focused on Enterprise Java applications, also with tiny bits of .Net.My question (and worry) is, does node provide any level of code maintainabilty for enterprise grade solutions? I hope i don't sound like a troll, it is a genuine question.I mean, i get it is pretty easy to write web apps with Express, access a DB with sqlize, and so on. But how do these guys fit together? Can code be organized, unit tested, partitioned in a meaningful way, can we have domain driven design? Or do we just end up with a monolithic JS file with mega callbacks (ok, we have async/awaits now) that is going to be super painful to debug?I'd be interested io n learning your point of view.

Submitted October 12, 2017 at 08:30AM by JustADirtyLurker

No comments:

Post a Comment