Sunday 6 August 2017

What if a public node package has no license?

For some reason I cannot find succinct information on Google:What if a public node package in npm has no license specified? (Package in question).Does this mean it is completely free to use for everyone, or does this mean it is not free to use publicly or commercially?I imagine it's the former, since there are thousands of downloads of this particular package.Information I've found regarding this topic, but which did not answer my question. (I might be too dumb to grasp a conclusion out of these discussions):http://ift.tt/2vbuvIv the UNLICENSED option, it seems to specify that is for private and unpublished packages only.I'd appreciate a clarification!

Submitted August 06, 2017 at 01:30PM by gluonnode

No comments:

Post a Comment