Wednesday 30 August 2017

student choosing possible career path, was excited for and studying node.js, but now having second thoughts

I am at an early stage in my career, so can still change and choose my paths. I am male and feel concerned about the recent drama and many of the statements coming from those involved higher up in the policy making community to the point where I have lost a lot of my excitement for taking the node.js MEAN stack route and starting to question my choices.For those of you that are contemplating leaving this project behind and going a different direction, what would you recommend? Should I just apply all my energies into LAMP and being the very best I can be in that environment? Should I just relax and wait for the storm to blow over and hope things go back to where the coding matters more than the politics, or is it a lost cause? Kind of feeling pretty depressed about the recent events, I was excited about the code and setting up my server and playing with Angular and node.js and learning, but now that this recent political stuff oozed out of the woodwork I am feeling pretty discouraged.I have electives I can still choose and change for this fall in school and was already enrolled in MEAN courses but now that is all up in the air in my mind, and it is not too late for me to transfer and take more advanced SQL and PHP or even Java or C# or something instead of node.js etc....I am totally confused and stressed out at the moment, forgive my post if my questions aren't anything anyone but myself can answer.

Submitted August 30, 2017 at 11:40PM by pikachani

No comments:

Post a Comment