Thursday 31 August 2017

Best rapid app prototyping tools

Looking for recommendations, thanks in advance. A little bit of background: I have 10+ years of full stack web experience. I know how to build real world apps the right way. But I have moved out of development, yet am still in a role where I find myself regularly needing to build FUNCTIONAL applications. I don't have the time nor the need to experiment, learn new frameworks, build things the right way, etc. I just need to crank things out that work and look halfway decent.Things that are important to me:Full stack scaffolding (front end/API/database)AuthenticationConsistency of framework (I don't want to learn a new framework or templating engine just to add some feature or function)Extensibility- I want simple boilerplate, but to be able to customize if neededSimple learning curve. I don't have time to read a novels worth of documentation, or watch hours of tutorial videosmodeling data relationships (one to many, many to many, etc)What isn't important:ScalabilityUsing the hottest new frameworkPretty UI designsUnit/integration/etc testingAdvanced security (Don't get me wrong, I want it to be secure, but my users will be trusted and I won't have super sensitive data. I don't want security to be a hinderance)The ability to plug and play 1000 different frameworks (I'd prefer opinionated over flexible)In an ideal world I would be defining a schema (preferably via UI, but that's not a must) and the front end, API, and database would be scaffolded out. I've tried swaggerui in the past and it's ok, but I've found it to be a lot of work to build the definition.I have no idea if this exists but I figured it would be worth asking.

Submitted September 01, 2017 at 01:22AM by ldhertert

No comments:

Post a Comment