Monday 7 August 2017

Is there a memory leak on one of my express servers?

Hi guys, I've just launched two Express servers on a $5 DigitalOcean droplet along with an instance of mongodb. The first server is querying the api and serving templated html pages, the second server is an api written in express interacting with the database via mongoose.When I use htop to see the memory usage, the total usage is usually around 200-250mb (out of a total 488mb). The only thing I can see changing is the blue bars which I assume is buffer memory, the actual green memory in usage seems to always be the same.I look on digitalocean's graph however and over the past 24 hours the memory graph has been climbing upwards slowly - is this a memory leak within one of my servers?I'm running PM2 with both of the node servers as start up services.Here's a look at the graph of the memory usage, the server has been up for around 15 hours now.And also a screenshot of htop on the VPS.This is the first time I've deployed an app so I assume I'm making a mistake somewhere, any ideas of where to go next to fix it?

Submitted August 07, 2017 at 01:10PM by wires55

No comments:

Post a Comment