Thursday 13 April 2017

Please recommend a DB for E-commerce (Performance is number one priority)

Hey folks, first post in here.I want to make a fairly simple web shop (one language, no rating/reviews, basically no bloat).I want to make it ridiculously fast, and to have a very good SEO (that's why Server Side Rendering is important for me).I am planning to use http://ift.tt/2od3vmT. Have tested it, satisfied by rendering speeds (300 ms), requests per second (1.7K), and survival in ab.exe -n 100000 -c 100 without even requests per second decrease :) But the only concern, which I have is about MongoDB.So far the requirements are such: 200 products 21 categories (5 of which are subcategories) 4 product variants sale / regular price basic stock management (just in stock / out of stock to disable the ability to add to the shopping cart) Shopping cart, user management, orders by userQuestion #1:Will MongoDB degrease the original performance (with such simplest design). And if so, from what I understood, the competitors are RDBMSes such as Postgres.From what I understand ORMs are huge decreases in performance with them and it's better to use something like http://ift.tt/2pzs3Y6 #2:Has anyone had experience with http://knexjs.org and what response rate to expect from it on basic operations with pagination (count all the products in category, divide by set items per page, and to display first pagination, then second and so on).If you have better suggestions, please let me know, but keep in mind I want to keep the lowest rendering time + SSR, so need fast respond rate.

Submitted April 13, 2017 at 11:48PM by ngDev

No comments:

Post a Comment