Thursday 27 April 2017

I rebuilt my open source blogging app in Node.js

Hi, I'm Cory LaViska and I created a blogging/publishing app called Postleaf. It launched previously as a PHP project, but I shutdown that version and completely redesigned the app for Node.js. It relaunched this week.Website: postleaf.org Source: github.com/PostleafI chose to switch platforms because I've been working with PHP for over a decade and wanted to dive into something new. I enjoy JavaScript quite a bit and experimented with Node on another project, so figured I'd give it a go. Overall, it was a great choice and I'm happy with the result. Node is pretty awesome.I'm not going to get into a PHP/Node argument here, but I will say that one thing users seem to be having trouble with this time around is installation.My question is, what's your approach to deploying Node apps? How can I make installation easier for the average user?

Submitted April 27, 2017 at 06:46PM by aksival

No comments:

Post a Comment